9.09.2009

Choices, choices.

I have been more than a little indecisive lately. My husband likes to say that I'm "periodically obsessive" meaning that I'll fixate on something for a period of time and then move on to another interest that I'll pursue just as voraciously. I think he's learned that if he ignores some of these things for long enough, they'll go away.

This cyclical focus also makes procrastination one of my killer traits. I can ignore something until the point where it is painful and embarrassing to address it and the excuses that I have to make are downright absurd.

I don't know the best way to address this problem as I don't know anyone else that avoids things in quite the extreme way that I do. Does anyone else do this, or am I just nuts?

2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean... I get really really into new activities or obsessions for a bit, then completely dump them when I lose interest. Same thing happens with food. I will crave a certain dish for like every meal from a week or two till of few months. Then never eat them for like 3 years.

    Doesn't make me procrastinate though, wonder why?

    ReplyDelete